The Smith Showcase OTG goggles do a great job of giving comfort and clarity to skiers and snowboarders. The OTG stands for Over the Glasses. This means you don’t have to wear contacts when you’re out riding, and you won’t subsequently lose them.
In addition to that, Smith has added an extra inner lens to further reduce foggy goggles, which we all know is one of the greatest threats to our society.
I like to think of goggles in this range as workhorses. They’re not flashy or built with the best technology. But what they do is get the job done. Your eyes will be protected, and as long as you’re wearing the right color lens, you’ll have an epic day.
Showcase OTG Details:
- Spherical Carbonic-X Lens: If you’ve read any of my other articles, you’ll know taht I love sperical lenses. It fits my vision better, and they look cooler. However these will keep you relatively free of distortions and impact resistance.
- Fog-X: I talked about this above. This is an inner lense that will prevent your goggles from fogging up.
- OTG: This stands for Over The Goggle which means you can wear your glasses with goggles over them. I can’t tell you how many people have lost contact lenses while riding, and didn’t know where to go.
- ChromaPop Lens: It’s the best kind of lense. These lenses give contrast and improve the color in sight. The Smith website says it best when it says the details pop.
- Integration: They Integrate with most smith helmets, I say most because I’m not sure about backwards compatiability.
- They’ve added extra foam, and venting to give you the best experience possible while wearing these goggles.
Whether You’re planning an epic trip to Vail, or if you’re planning a nice short trip to Afton Alps it doesn’t matter. You’ll need to have your sight, and the Smith Range will do a great job with that.
Check Out Some Of The Latest Deals On Smith Range Snow Goggles From Amazon Below. Full Disclosure, We Make A Small Commission Of Each Item Sold, We Use This Money To Keep Writing, And Continue Shredding.
To Check Out Other Blog Posts About Smith Goggles. Check Out This Link