The Smith Showcase OTG snow goggles do a great job of giving comfort and clarity to skiers and snowboarders. Showcase OTG stands for Over the Glasses. This means you don’t have to wear contacts when you’re out riding, and you won’t subsequently lose them.
In addition to that, Smith has added an extra inner lens to further reduce foggy goggles, which we all know is one of the greatest threats to our society.
I like to think of Showcase OTG snow goggles in this range as workhorses. They’re not flashy or built with the best technology. But what they do is get the job done. Your eyes will be protected, and as long as you’re wearing the right color lens, you’ll have an epic day.
Showcase OTG Snow Goggle Stats:
Tech They Use To Improve Your Vision:
- Spherical Carbonic-X Lens: If you’ve read any of my other articles, you’ll know that I love sperical lenses. It fits my vision better, and they look cooler. However these will keep you relatively free of distortions and impact resistance.
- Fog-X: This is an inner lense that will prevent your goggles from fogging up.
- OTG: This stands for Over The Goggle which means you can wear your glasses with goggles over them. I can’t tell you how many people have lost contact lenses while riding, and didn’t know where to go.
- ChromaPop Lens: It’s the best kind of lense. These lenses give extra contrast and improve the colors you’ll see. The Smith website says it best when it says the details pop.
- Integration: They Integrate with most smith helmets, I say most because I’m not sure about backwards compatiability.
- They’ve added extra foam, and venting to give you the best experience possible while wearing these goggles.
Whether You’re planning an epic trip to Vail, or if you’re planning a nice short trip to Afton Alps it doesn’t matter. You’ll need to have your sight, and the Smith Showcase OTG Snow Googles (say that 3 times fast) will do a great job with that.
My Thoughts On the Showcase OTG Snow Goggles:
We’ve looked at the stats, and looked at comort ratings, but in real life circumstances are these Snow Goggles any good?
I did get to use them for a day last season, and I absolutely loved them. keep in mind I’ve been using a cheap old pair of goggles all season, but I felt they stood up to the hype.
If you’re looking for a good pair of googles, don’t cheap out. In fact I’ve discovered the more I pay, the better they are, and the longer they last.
This doesn’t take away from the more inexpensive goggles I’ve talked about. (still love my Zionors). However, If you don’t want hassles a year or two down the road. Maybe it’s time to upgrade to something of higher quality.
The Showcase OTG Snow Goggles are going to do a lot for you, and they’re price point is more mid range, so you don’t have to worry about paying high costs for a small amount of benefits.
I’d highly recommend getting a pair of these. Especially if you wear corrective glasses, the OTG factor is a massive selling point. Sooner or later I’ll need glasses and when I do these are the pair I’m going to reach for.
Check Out Some Of The Latest Deals On Smith Range Snow Goggles From Amazon Below. Full Disclosure, We Make A Small Commission Of Each Item Sold, We Use This Money To Keep Writing, And Continue Shredding.
Smith Optics Daredevil Youth Snow Winter Goggle – Black…
To Check Out Other Blog Posts About Smith Goggles. Check Out This Link.